Thursday 26 June 2014

EMTB 02: Creating Your New Blogger Blog and Changing its Settings



Motivation: In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can. - Nikos Kazantzakis

Welcome to EMTB Series Part 2! EMTB stands for Earning Money Through Blogger, where I will show to earn money from Free blogging platform Blogger. In the previous part, I discussed about the way to choose a topic for your blog. In this part, I will show you to create and upload a Free template for your Blog.

As I said in my EMTB series last post, I'm wanted to create a blog based on current trends. So, I chose one and I'm blogging about 'SHARABLE IMAGES'. Yes, I want to run an 'image with information' blog.

Most of the people share Images and posts which are mostly based on images. Most of the Google Plus users upload Memes or Photography where they are getting more shares. On Pinterest, people like to pin awesome pictures. When it comes to Facebook and Twitter, people like to share informative posts and if they have images, that post may go well.

And other than above reason, I like to include viral photos in a post. So, that's the reason I chose photo sharing blog.

Now lets sign up for Blogger and create our own blog!

STEP ONE: Sign Up for Blogger

You can use a single Gmail account for all the Google services. So, create a Gmail account if you don't have one by visiting Google Mail.

After creating your Gmail account, go to 'http://blogger.com' and sign in with your new Gmail account.

STEP TWO: Create Your New Blog

In up-left corner of your new Blogger dashboard, you will see an option which reads 'New Blog'. Click on that to create your new blog.

As in my previous EMBT Post, I suggested the ways to choose Title and URL for your blog. After brainstorming and doing hard work in choosing your Title and URL, Type your blog title.

And creating your URL will be harder, type the name you want as URL, If that URL is available, you can create but if that URL is not available, you have to choose other alternative basing on your chosen URL. As I want to create a Images sharable blog. So, I came up with many URL's like,
  • picturestoshare.blogspot.com
  • imagestoshare.blogspot.com
  • sharingimages.blogspot.com
  • picstoshare.blogspot.com
And so on.

At last, I found one and that URL is 'PIXSTOSHARE'. Yes, 'pixtoshare.blogspot.com'.

If the URL you typed is available, then click on the button 'Create Blog!'

Congratulations! You created your first Blog. (I too!)


STEP THREE: Setting of Your New Blogspot Blog

Well, there is nothing to change or Modify much. All are basic options.

Click on the tile of your new blog, where you will see your new Blog dashboard. On left side of dashboard, you will see different options (I will explain each option later) and click on the last option 'Settings'

Click on 'Basics' and click on 'Edit' next to 'Description' to write about description of your blog. (This is important)

Click on 'Language and Formatting' to change language of your blog and time zone of your blog.

And this is important, If your blog have or going to have 'Adult Content' (Which I strongly NOT Recommend) Change option from 'NO' to 'YES' for Adult Content.

I will talk about 'Google Analytics' option later.

CONCLUSION:

So, Here we learned,
  • To create our new blog.
  • Changed settings.
I changed the setting of my new blog 'pixtoshare.blogspot.com' and I'm eager to start my blog and to earn from it. Stay tuned for more posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yandex.Metrica